Monday, January 10, 2011

Runner Profile: Dana

Dana with two of her fellow Fall Half Marathon participants and running partners at the Jolly Fat Man's Run in Bethesda, Maryland, December 2010


Dana completed our Fall Half Marathon training program in the summer of 2010, having only run indoors on the treadmill prior to beginning the program. She is currently training for her first marathon, the ING Miami Marathon, as part of Team Chai Lifeline in memory of a close friend. Dana has finished the bulk of her training and heads to Miami for the marathon on Sunday, January 30!


Name: Dana

Age: 34

When I started running: I have been running and swimming for a number of years, but only running inside on the treadmill. I started training for outside running on June 6, 2010.

Why I run: I run to stay fit and healthy. It also gives me more energy and mental clarity!

Favorite local race: I enjoyed the Heritage Half Marathon in Gainesville, VA on October 3, 2010.

How I stay motivated: I pick future races and set up a training calendar and plan to stick to. It also helps to find other runners who can join you for long weekend runs.

Most memorable running moment: It has to be finishing my second 20 mile training run on December 12th . I started at 6 AM and ended at 9:20 AM, just in time to stop in to give my kids a kiss and hug before Hebrew School!

Future goals/race plans: I am training for the Miami Marathon to raise money for Chai Lifeline. I am dedicating my run in memory of Mrs. Zlata Geisinsky, z"l a close friend who died in June. She was a remarkable woman and a source of inspiration to me. You can see my page: http://www.teamlifeline.org/mypage.php?myid=56691.

Advice for new runners: Find a group to train with for your first race. You will build relationships and meet other people who can help you achieve your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment