Although it's not even officially winter yet, we're already looking forward to out next Sunday morning group training program, our annual Winter/Spring 10K/10-Miler Program. This program begins on Sunday, February 3 and runs for 12 weeks through the popular (and beginner friendly) Pike's Peek 10K on Sunday, April 21. For more experienced runners looking to target a longer distance race, the program will prepare you for the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler (entry must be earned by lottery opening December 3), the GW Parkway Classic 10-Miler, or any other spring 10-Miler race. The program can also accommodate runners training for late spring or early summer half marathons such as the Nike Women's Half Marathon on April 28.
As with all of our group programs, registration includes:
- A comprehensive 12-week training calendar tailored to your experience and goals;
- Weekly group runs held on Sunday mornings in the Rockville/Bethesda area;
- Presentations and guest speakers on running-related topics including injury prevention and nutrition;
- Personalized coaching and access to experienced, certified coaches for questions and schedule modification;
- A technical running shirt;
- Discounts on race entry for Pike's Peek and on gear from RunningWarehouse.com.
Runners should be able to complete a long run of about three miles and be running at least eight miles per week (no pace requirement) at the start of the program. Those wanting to train for a spring 10-miler race should be able to run at least six miles with a total weekly mileage of approximately 15 miles per week. If you are interested in participating but are not yet up to running these distances, please contact us and we can provide you with a build-up program that you can use over the next few months to establish a good base before February.
Register early and save- registration is $100 through January 2; after January 2, registration is $120. Register with a friend and if at least one of you is new to the Run Farther & Faster programs, pay just $190 for both runners ($95 each) through January 2 and $200 ($100 each) after January 2. To register, select "Spring Sunday 10K/10M" from the drop-down menu to the right (select "buddy program" if signing up with a friend and please note their name/email address).
We look forward to another rewarding season helping our runners Run Farther & Faster!