After a successful Spring 10K/10-miler program and a slew of PRs (personal records) set at Pike’s Peek, many of our runners expressed an interest in continuing to train at that level of mileage, but shifting their focus to continued improvement of their speed. In response, we are excited to announce a 5-miler Training Program to help runners who are already able to run a long run of at least 3 miles (or have recently completed a 5K) reinforce their base mileage and add speed work to improve their finish times. This 8-week program will begin on Sunday, July 22 and targets the Navy 5-miler on Sunday, September 16 but can prepare runners for any number of fall races from the 5K-10K distance.
As with all of our group training programs, all participants will receive:
- personalized coaching in a group setting,
- a comprehensive training calendar with individualized speed work,
- weekly group runs (Sundays in various locations generally in Rockville/Bethesda/DC),
- guidance from certified, experienced coaches,
- information/presentations on running-related topics,
- a technical t-shirt and
- exclusive Run Farther & Faster discounts on race entry and running gear from RunningWarehouse.com
Cost for the 8-week program is just $70 but until May 24 take advantage of the early registration discount and sign up for $60. Sign up with a friend and if at least one runner has not participated in a previous program, get the special “Buddy Rate” of $100 for both runners. Registration fee does NOT include race registration, but all Run Farther & Faster runners get a discounted entry to the Navy 5-miler with our discount code.
Register by choosing the appropriate selection from the drop-down menu in the sidebar to the right. Contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Hope to see you in July!