Thursday, December 30, 2010

Runner Profile: Robyn

Robyn running strong at the Cherry Blossom 10-miler

Robyn, a busy and active mom of four, first joined us for our JCC 10K Program in February 2010. She continued on to complete our Fall Half Marathon training program over the summer, successfully finishing the Philadelphia Half Marathon in November.

Age: 44

When I started running: Age 37

Why I run: Running….it is about boosting my mood and finding inspiration. Also I feel like it is a great influence for my girls to show them how to stick to a plan and succeed. It is easy to bring my sport with me and do any day, any time & anywhere. When you want it to be it is a social sport, running with friends and in groups. And other times it can be just my time.

Favorite local race: Cherry Blossom 10 miler.

How I stay motivated: Having a race to look forward to and my wonderful running groups.

Most memorable running moment: Crossing the finish line at the Philly Half Marathon and having my family travel to the race with me. Also, running with my daughters. I just ran the Jolly Fat Man race with one of my girls and loved every moment of that run with her.

Future goals/race plans: Starting another half marathon training program in January. Planning to run my favorite race again, the Cherry Blossom 10 miler.

Advice for new runners: Stick to it. It is hard to get started but once you do, it is hard to stop. Ok, I saw that quote somewhere, but it is so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment