Sunday, December 19, 2010

Runner Profile: Jill


Jill, third from right, participated in our Fall Half Marathon Training program, successfully completing the Parks Half Marathon in September 2010.

Age: 49 - it's only a number!

When I started running: Early 20's prior to marriage and kids.

Why I run: it's my therapy; clears my head, keeps the weight off, keeps me healthy and in good shape.

Favorite local race: YMCA/BCC Turkey Chase- love seeing all the families together and having my kids participate with me.

How I stay motivated: Keeping to a running routine.

Most memorable running moment: Completing my first Marathon in 2000.

Future goals/race plans: Possibly another half in a different city; but looking forward to running in Australia & New Zealand on vacation.

Advice for new runners: Find a group or partner to run with; preferably someone who is better at it so they can push you and you know they will always be on time and show up for your run; a friend you can chat with so the time and distance go by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment